Friday, January 25, 2013

Next Projects

Yesterday I felt like making something.  I have a good amount of fabric for a set of jammie/lounge-wear bits.  I'm figuring on a set of dark gray and blue pants and hoodie combo.  But, I didn't feel like working from someone elses instructions.

Ok, materials check, I still have a good amount of 500D Cordura from my first purse/bag projects.  I have about a yard-ish of twill from my vest and shirt/jacket project.

Hmm, I also have a closet full of clothing that definitely includes some never to be worn again garments.  What happens if we decide to make an outer shell of Cordura and line it with material salvaged from a pair of khakis that have an oil spot on the front?  Let's find out shall we.

I'm working on both my baseline sewing skills and the ideas of pattern drafting.  So, I drew a few rough sketches of what I wanted and measured a few bags that I already have and started drawing pattern pieces. I already have the parts cutout, a front-flap applique (skullhead!) and about 50% of the bag completed.  Tonight may see it's completion.

Note to self: You need a desk that has more room than your pattern paper, not less.

No comments:

Post a Comment