Friday, January 25, 2013

Bureaucracy...what fun

Just a brief note.

I work for the IT department of a fairly well known organization that shall remain nameless.  Specifically, I run the point of sale register system.  Recently one of our stores had a server crash that took a few days to repair.

In order to rebuild the data from the days that were missing I called the store to get some subtotal information that they should have had readily available.

The store called the finance department because they didn't keep the reports from those days like they should have.

The finance department called me about getting the missing days rebuilt because the store called them to get some subtotal information.

This is me smacking my head against the wall with more effective results than dealing with these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment