Saturday, January 19, 2013

First Project Post

I completed my first wearable garment sewing project today.  I made a wool hoodie using McCalls M5252 pattern.  I wanted a casual garment that was comfortable, however, I wanted to start updating my wardrobe to more 'real' and 'adult' clothes.  That means steering myself away from t-shirts and sweatshirts and more towards slacks and shirts.

So, for this project I picked a light suiting weight black wool.  It turned out quite nice I think.  Since it's a suit wool it has a decent weight and will probably be a good layering garment over a shirt and tie.  It still needs a bit of tweaking, in that I need to hem the sleeves by an inch or two and if I use that pattern again I may snug up the waist and sides to slim the line a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment