Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day Gift

SO I made something for my wife for V-Day.  If you have read this blog in its entirety you may come to realize that she is a bit of a Marilyn Manson fan.  Just a bit...*cough*FANGIRL*cough*

I had the idea a few weeks ago that a Manson themed stuffed animal would be absolutely adorable for her for Valentines Day.  Her favorite incarnation of Manson is a character referred to as Omega and is depicted with a rather Bowie-esque make-up job of blue eye-shadow, red & black hair and multicolored contact lenses.  I found a downloadable pattern for a stuffed bear that I thought could possibly evoke a cat if I pointed the ears and tail.  I'm not looking for absolute physical accuracy, just a passing resemblance, you see.

Well lets recap:
Concept - A+
Thoughtfulness - A+
Preparation - B+
Execution - umm...well...We both agree its sort of a bear/cat/raccoon hybrid that is a bit on the creepy side. Now, fortunately, creepy appeals to my wife.  Especially when attempting to invoke the Manse.


He is slightly under stuffed, due to being my first attempt at making such a creature.  He does have the Manson inspired multi-colored eyes and red embroidery on his black head stripe thingy as well as on his paws.

No comments:

Post a Comment