Monday, February 11, 2013

Camera!

Ok, between this blog and a forum I have been frequenting, I have commented on the need for a camera a few times.  This is the point I will casually smack myself in the face.

I have a camera.  Not a huge fancy anything, but a reasonably decent Olympus point-n-shoot.


The picture is more to test the Blogger picture function than anything else.  I'm fairly sure you all don't really care what my camera looks like.  But now that it is plugged in and charging, one of my goals for tonight is going to be to take a couple of snaps of my shirt-muslin.  I want to be able to do a basic work-in-progress and completed project theme in this here blog, but well...without a camera its sort of pointless.  I mean really, I can tell you that I just hand tailored a traditional styled bespoke suit out of the most wonderful tweed.  But without picts to back that up I'm probably lying out my ass.

So, hopefully tomorrow, I will be posting a snap or two of my current work in progress.

Also, I found Hot Patterns.  I'm thinking that the name is a little hokey, and they only have three patterns for men, but, the three patterns are about perfect.  I ordered a shirt pattern that is sort of a vintage railroad work shirt that has a bunch of the style and design ideas I have been thinking about and a jeans pattern that is both simple and classic at the same time.  I am very excited to see what these two look like in person and then eventually completed as wearable garments.

If I can get to the point of being able to turn out a button-down shirt and a pair of jeans that can pass as store-bought.  I may never have to shop for clothing again...well, except for socks and underwear and whatever else I might want.  Oh, and shoes.  

Don't judge me!

No comments:

Post a Comment