Friday, February 8, 2013

Buttonholes!

How the hell did society exist before the internet?  Everything and anything is available online.  If price/cost was no object I could buy an island have a house built and fully stocked without leaving my own living room. Yes, I already have plans for the Powerball Jackpot that I have yet to win.

Basically, I am excited because with the power of the interwebs at my beck and call, I was able to track down the exact part number for a vintage buttonholer add-on for my vintage Kenmore 385 sewing machine, find a new-old stock one for sale and get it shipped to my door for ten bucks.  How freaking cool is that?

So, last night I made buttonholes...lots of buttonholes...big ones, little ones, standard oval shaped ones and even keyhole buttonholes.  WOOT!

I was able to finish off a shirt-jacket that I had constructed a few weeks ago and was completely finished, except for buttonholes.  Now, a good steaming and ironing and it will be fantastic.  All I need now is some interfacing and some buttons and I can start working on my next project.

He he he...buttonholes...Give me a cutting table and a few more sewing machines and I will take over the world!

Ok, maybe not the whole world, but my front room at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment