Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ow...Ow...Ow

So I stopped in at the gym I mentioned yesterday.  To get a feel for the place, one of the owners invited me back to a spinning class.  I figured, what the heck?  Exercise is good for, no matter what form, right?

Ow.

Ow.

Ow.

My legs are still a bit wobbly and quite frankly, my butt hurts.  Ow.

Back in the military our fitness coordinator encouraged us to try different forms of exercise, not just running and push-ups.  One time he talked a group of us into trying a step aerobics class.

Picture, if you will, a group of about a half-dozen men in their twenties to thirties who think that they are in shape and pretty bad-ass.  Now picture them waltzing in to a step aerobics class with a bunch of military wives and an instructor who has been doing this for years.

We thought it would be easy.

We thought we were in decent shape and coordinated.

We were wrong.  So very wrong.

I honestly cannot even describe how much of an uncoordinated and awkward mess we made of that class.  The instructor did her best to encourage us, but it was a lost cause.  It was like dropping a blindfolded orangutan into a ballroom dance.  We hung our heads with humble shame and left afterwards, never to return.

The spinning class, for me, was kind of like that.  Except that this time, I'm going back for more punishment.  I'm so going back there.  Possibly for another spinning class, but they also offer weight training, HIIT, and boxing classes (non-sparring).

Ow.
__________________________________________
Current stats for my own tracking:
Weight 245
Body fat 30.51

No comments:

Post a Comment