Monday, March 25, 2013

Monday Update

So, over the weekend, we did some spring cleaning as referenced in my previous post.  I'm coming down off the allergy attack that followed.

We did some basic shopping and as a step towards working my way further into the low-carbohydrate lifestyle I downloaded an app to track my foods and exercise.  According to several calculators I am at about 30% body-fat which is just unacceptable.  I've gotten better about the foods I have been eating, now it's time to focus on the exercise.

I mentioned a few posts back about my new running shoes and a few of my goals.

Overall I have been updating those as time moves forward.  My goals as of today are: run the two races I have planned.  Be able to do 50 push-ups by the 1/2 marathon in October.  Get my body-fat down to 20%.

I don't think that any of those are unreasonable.  Each and every one is achievable with discipline, effort and discipline.  Did I mention the discipline?

There is a gym pretty close to my house.  I'm considering joining.  Not a chain gym, just a little local one that seems to offer the sort of classes I am looking for and has some activities that should line up with my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment