Monday, April 8, 2013

Vacation

I'm back.  Thanks to all you non-existent readers for your patience.

I took a full week off from work and feel pretty damn good about it.  I got some general spring cleaning done and am several steps closer to having my sewing room.

I watched a fair amount of bad TV with my feet kicked up and my jammies on.

I dealt with Critter Control because, unbeknownst to me, Raccoons are very fond of nesting in open chimneys.  So, a couple traps later, we are raccoon free and have a heavy duty steel cap on our chimney now.

I bought a new (vintage) sewing machine.  I found a Singer Fashion Mate 237 at an antique store for $20.  I may need to replace the motor on it, but I'm still getting a better and stronger machine for a fraction of the cost of a new one.


Not my actual machine, but that's the make/model/color.  While doing the research on the machine I have found that naming a sewing machine is sort of a thing.

Should I, shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment